The Old Town Library now has new computers located upstairs where the old Internet computers were. These computers have several new features, including:
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to save to a disk, and open files from disks and CDs.
Ability to view and send email attachments.
Sound cards; so sound is available through headphones.
Computers are much faster!
You must have a library card to use the computers, and the time is still limited to one hour. To use the new computers, follow these instructions:
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Double click on Computer Programs.
- You will be asked if you have a library Card. Click on Yes. If you do not have a library card, please see a librarian.
- Type your full library card number with no spaces in the box.
- A box with a timer and several buttons will be displayed. Choose the application you would like to use by clicking on the appropriate button. Your choices include Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and the Internet.
- The program you select will open, and the timer will be displayed at the bottom of the screen in the task bar.
- If you would like to open another program, click on the timer and then click on the button for the program you want to use.
- The timer will give you notice when you have only three minutes remaining. Make sure you save any work at this time, as all programs will automatically close when the time is up.
- When you are finished using the computer, click the Exit button on the timer.