The Library provides free access to several online databases. Databases are not the same thing as web sites, even though they can be accessed through the Internet. The Library subscribes to these databases for a fee and then provides access to them for our patrons. They contain information such as newspaper, magazine, and encyclopedia articles. To access the databases:
- Start by going to the Library web site at http://poudrelibraries.org.
- Under Online Resources on the right side of the page, click on eResources, or click on the eResources link at the top of the page.
- If you know the name of the database you would like to search, you can select it from the drop-down menu.
- If you would like to see which databases are available on specific subject areas, click on the subject you are interested in.
- For example, click on Magazines, Journals, Newspapers, Reports. Many databases are listed in this category, including the Fort Collins Coloradoan, which has articles from January, 1999 to the present.
- Each database has its own rules for searching. Please see a librarian if you need assistance.