Saving Records for Batch Holds / Creating Booklists
Exporting is a feature that can be used to save records from your searches then placing holds on one or more items. It can also be used to create booklists or bibliographies to print or e-mail to yourself.
- Go to the Library Catalog at http://poudrelibraries.org.
- Type in your search terms and do your search.
- A list of items that match your search will be displayed. This is called the Browse screen.
- To save items from the Browse screen, click in the boxes next to record number of the items you want to save. You should see checkmarks in the boxes that you click in.
- Then click the Save Marked Records button at the top or bottom of the screen.
- You can also click on a title to get more information about it. If you decide that you want to save it, just click on the Save Item button from this screen.
Exporting Saved Records
- Click the View Saved button at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Click on the Place Hold button.
- Type in your name and library card number and the library location where you would like to pick up your item(s). Note: if you are searching the catalog through your Library Account, you will only need to choose a pickup location.
- You can choose to hold all of the items by clicking on the Request All button. If you would like to request only selected titles, you must click the check box to the left of each title you want to request, and then click on the Request Marked button.
- After you have finished requesting your item(s) you may select:
- The View Saved button to return to the Saved Records screen.
- The Previous Screen button to return to the catalog.
- The Clear Saved Records button to erase the list of titles. Titles remain in the Save Marked list until someone clears them.
- If you are have been searching the catalog while logged into your Library Account, click on the LOGOUT button if you have finished placing holds.
Note: You will not be able to place holds if you have a block/message on your account. Call 221-6740 to clear the block.
- Click the "View Saved" button at the top or bottom of the screen.
- Click the "Export Saved" button.
- Format: Choose Brief Display if you want the author, title, publisher, and call number. Full Display includes locations and statuses, subjects, and notes in addition to the basic information.
- Send List To: If you would like to e-mail the list to yourself, type in your e-mail address. If you want to see the list on the screen so you can print it, click in the circle next to Screen.
- Click on Submit when you are done.
- Please see a librarian if you need assistance.
Poudre River Public Library District, 301 Olive Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524, (970) 221-6740