is a unified catalog of twenty three academic, public and special libraries in Colorado and Wyoming. Through Prospector you have access to over 20 million books, journals, DVDs, CDs, videos and other materials held in these libraries. With a single search you can identify and borrow materials from the collections and have them delivered to the Poudre River Public Library District.
Important information for you to know
- To search Prospector through the Library catalog, first do a search. If we don't own what you need or if all of our copies are unavailable, you can click on the
- Your search will be repeated in Prospector.
- Click on the title of the item you are interested in to get to the full record.
- If you would like the item to be sent to the Library for you, click on the link that says Request This Item in the middle of the page.
- You will see With which institution are you affiliated? Click on the down arrow and choose Poudre River Public Library District from the list.
- Click on the Submit Above Information button.
- Type in your name and your entire library card number. Then choose Old Town or Harmony Library for your pickup location.
- The item will be sent to the pickup location you requested. It will generally take around one week to arrive.
- Prospector holds unfilled after 90 days will be cancelled.
- Like any item placed on the hold shelf, a Prospector item will be held for you for 7 days.
- Most items check out for 3 weeks with 1 renewal; some items (generally videos) check out for 1 week with no renewal.
- Prospector items can be returned to remote bookdrops or to the Circulation Desk at any Library.
- Overdue fines are 25¢ per item per day.
- To renew a Prospector item online click on My Account. To renew by phone call 221-6740.