The Library District invites amateur photographers of all ages to enter our 2nd Annual Photo Contest. This year's theme is "From Underneath" and we're looking for photos that capture the perspective of looking up at the world around us.
- Who can enter: Everyone who lives in the Poudre River Public Library District. (As judges for the contest, members of the Fort Collins Digital Camera Club are not eligible)
- Categories by age: Ages 0-12; Ages 13-17; Ages 18+
- Prizes in each category are DBA Downtown Bucks gift cards: 1st place $100; 2nd place $75; 3rd place $50
- Theme: "From Underneath" - the picture must be taken during the year 2013.
- Format: High resolution jpeg
- Submit photo by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submissions accepted: June 1 - July 26, 2013
- Photo submission must include: a title for the photo, the location where the photo was taken, the photographer's name and age, and phone or email address.
- Maximum number of submissions: 2
- Photo contest entries will be displayed on the Library's Flickr account via PoudreLibraries.org.
- Winners will be announced at an evening reception on September 6, 2013, at Old Town Library.
- Does the Photograph fit the Contest requirements?
- Was the Photograph taken in 2013?
- Does the Photograph "Wow" the intended audience?
- Is the Photograph creative in its composition, subject matter or view?
- Does the Photograph stand out from the crowd?
- Is the Photograph giving the viewer pleasure or peaking their interest?
- Is the Photograph effectively communicating a message?
- Does the Photograph have unintended technical flaws that detract from the Photograph?
- Is the image crisp and is the exposure appropriate?
- If the image is not in crisp focus, or the exposure appropriate, does it appear to be an intentional effect to enhance the image in some "artistic" way?
There will be 3 Judges. Each photograph will receive a maximum of 5 points from each Judge within each category. Thus the highest score possible would be 45 points. Ties will be broken by the Judges.
Poudre River Public Library District, 301 Olive Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524, (970) 221-6740