Photo Contest Rules
The Poudre Libraries invite amateur photographers of all ages to enter our 3rd Annual Photo Contest. This year's theme is "PhotoSTREAM" and we're looking for images that celebrate STREAM... Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts, or Math... in the world around us.
- Who can enter: Everyone who lives in the Poudre River Public Library District user area. (As judges for the contest, members of the Fort Collins Digital Camera Club are not eligible)
- Categories by age: Ages 5-11; Ages 12-17; Ages 18+
- Prizes in each category are DBA Downtown Bucks gift cards: 1st place $100; 2nd place $75; 3rd place $50
- Date of photo: The photo must be taken during the year 2014.
- Format: High resolution jpeg
- Submit photo by email to: email@example.com
- Submissions accepted: June 1 - July 25, 2014
- Photo submission must include: a title for the photo, the element of STREAM that the photo represents, the location where the photo was taken, the photographer's name and age, and phone or email address.
- Maximum number of submissions: 2
- Photo contest entries will be displayed on the Library's Flickr account accessible through PoudreLibraries.org.
- Winners will be notified by August 4, 2014.
- An Open House Gallery of winning photos will be held Sunday, August 10, 2014, from 2-4 p.m. at Old Town Library.
- Does the Photograph fit the Contest requirements?
- Was the Photograph taken in 2014?
- Does the Photograph "Wow" the intended audience?
- Is the Photograph creative in its composition, subject matter or view?
- Does the Photograph stand out from the crowd?
- Is the Photograph giving the viewer pleasure or piquing their interest?
- Is the Photograph effectively communicating a message?
- Does the Photograph have unintended technical flaws that detract from the Photograph?
- Is the image crisp and is the exposure appropriate?
- If the image is not in crisp focus, or the exposure appropriate, does it appear to be an intentional effect to enhance the image in some "artistic" way?
There will be 3 Judges. Each photograph will receive a maximum of 5 points from each Judge within each category. Thus the highest score possible would be 45 points. Ties will be broken by the Judges.
By submitting an entry, you acknowledge that any contest entries become licensed in perpetuity to the Poudre River Public Library District and its partners via a Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution, Share Alike license (CC 3.0 should link to: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/