The Library District invites amateur writers of all ages to enter.
- Who can enter: Everyone ages 6 and older.
- Categories by age: Ages 6-12; Ages 13-17; Ages 18-59; Ages 60+
- Prizes in each age category are DBA Downtown Bucks gift cards: 1st place $40; 2nd place $30; 3rd place $20.
- Format: The word count must be a minimum of 500 and a maximum of 1000, and submitted as an attached word/text document file.
- Submit story by email to: email@example.com
- Submissions accepted: October 1 - 18, 2013 (No late submissions will be accepted.)
- Story submission must include: a title for the story, the writer's name and age, and phone or email address.
- Maximum number of submissions: 1
- Contest entries will be combined to create an eBook of stories that will be available for download on the Library's website.
- Winners will be announced at the "Spooky Stories in Library Park" event on October 25, 2013 at 6:30 in Library Park.
- Does the story fit the contest requirements?
- Does the story "scare" the reader?
- Is the story creative in its subject matter or view?
- Does the story stand out from the crowd?
- Does the story have unintended grammatical flaws that detract from the story?
There will be 3 judges. Each story will receive a maximum of 5 points from each judge within each category. Thus the highest score possible would be 25 points. Ties will be broken by the judges.
Poudre River Public Library District, 301 Olive Street, Fort Collins, CO 80524, (970) 221-6740