The Library District provides large meeting spaces, free of charge, for nonprofit, non-commercial groups engaged in an educational, cultural, intellectual, or civic activity. Groups may be in their formative stages.
- All groups must be nonprofit.
- All meetings must be free and open to the public.
- Meeting room users may not charge for attendance, sell products, request donations, solicit business, or profit in any way.
- Use of meeting rooms by for profit entities, even to offer a free meeting/class is prohibited.
- Library District Policies apply to all persons using meeting rooms.
Groups are able to reserve meeting spaces regardless of beliefs or affiliations. Permission to use the rooms does not constitute an endorsement by the Poudre River Public Library District of any group's policies and beliefs.
Reservation information regarding events in Library District Meeting Rooms is made available to the public.
- Groups may schedule a room up to eight weeks in advance.
- Governmental entities may reserve rooms up to six months in advance.
- Groups may schedule up to one large meeting room per building every five weeks.
- Rooms may not be booked on a regular weekly or monthly basis.
Example: a group may reserve Council Tree Library's large meeting room on June 1, Harmony Library's large meeting room on June 19, and Old Town Library's large meeting room on July 2. These reservations all occur within a five-week time frame, one at each of the three libraries.
Access and Availability
- Groups are allowed access to rooms at the reserved time, according to the library's online reservation system. Please include set up and breakdown times when scheduling your reservation.
- The Old Town Library large meeting room may be scheduled for up to four (4) hours.
- The Council Tree Library large meeting room may be scheduled for up to three (3) hours.
- The Harmony Library large meeting room may be scheduled for up to a full-day (during regular hours).
- Reservations will not be held beyond 15 minutes of the group's scheduled start time.
- Rooms must be cleared 15 minutes prior to building closing.
- Meetings that are requested outside of regular hours must be pre-approved by a building manager.
Meeting Rooms 1 & 2 at the Old Town Library are equipped with a Hearing Loop. People with a hearing impairment may check out a receiver with headphones or use the T-coil mode on their hearing aid or cochlear implant to enjoy the program through the room's sound system without distracting background noise and reverberation.
Meeting Rooms must be reserved at least 24 hours ahead of the meeting date/time. Groups must notify the Library's Answer Center as soon as possible if their reservation for a room is no longer needed. A room reservation will not be held beyond 15 minutes of the scheduled start time.
How to Request a Meeting Room
Meeting Room Rules of Use
Meeting Room Features and Equipment
Alternative Meeting Rooms in Fort Collins Area